Vehicle Marketing Operations
Types of Degrees Vehicle Marketing Operations Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations graduations there were in 2019-2020 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Vehicle Marketing Operations Majors Need to Know
O*NET surveyed people in occupations related to vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations and asked them what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important for their jobs. The responses were rated on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being most important.
Knowledge Areas for Vehicle and Vehicle Parts and Accessories Marketing Operations Majors
Vehicle and Vehicle Parts and Accessories Marketing Operations majors often go into careers in which the following knowledge areas are important:
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Skills for Vehicle and Vehicle Parts and Accessories Marketing Operations Majors
When studying vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations, you’ll learn many skills that will help you be successful in a wide range of jobs - even those that do not require a degree in the field. The following is a list of some of the most common skills needed for careers associated with this major:
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Abilities for Vehicle and Vehicle Parts and Accessories Marketing Operations Majors
Some of the most crucial abilities to master while a vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations student include the following:
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
What Can You Do With a Vehicle Marketing Operations Major?
Below is a list of occupations associated with vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
Who Is Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in Vehicle Marketing Operations?
At the countrywide level, the racial-ethnic distribution of vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations majors is as follows:
|Race/Ethnicity||Number of Grads|
|Black or African American||6|
|Hispanic or Latino||1|
Students from other countries are interested in Vehicle and Vehicle Parts and Accessories Marketing Operations, too. About 4.0% of those with this major are international students.
How Much Do Vehicle Marketing Operations Majors Make?
Salaries According to BLS
Vehicle and Vehicle Parts and Accessories Marketing Operations majors often go into careers with median salaries of $34,080. This median refers to all degree levels, so the salary for a person with just a bachelor’s degree may be a little less and the one for a person with an advanced degree may be a little more.
To put that into context, according to BLS data from the first quarter of 2020, the typical high school graduate makes between $30,000 and $57,900 a year (25th through 75th percentile). The average person with a bachelor’s degree (any field) makes between $45,600 and $99,000. Advanced degree holders make the most with salaries between $55,600 and $125,400.
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Vehicle Marketing Operations
Some careers associated with vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations require an advanced degree while some may not even require a bachelor’s. Whatever the case may be, pursuing more education usually means that more career options will be available to you.
Find out what the typical degree level is for vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations careers below.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|Less than a High School Diploma||7.5%|
|High School Diploma - or the equivalent (for example, GED)||70.8%|
|Post-Secondary Certificate - awarded for training completed after high school (for example, in agriculture or natural resources, computer services, personal or culinary services, engineering technologies, healthcare, construction trades, mechanic and repair technologies, or precision production)||12.7%|
|Some College Courses||0.3%|
|Associate’s Degree (or other 2-year degree)||9.0%|
Online Vehicle Marketing Operations Programs
In 2019-2020, 10 schools offered a vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations program of some type. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||0||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||5||0|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Is a Degree in Vehicle Marketing Operations Worth It?
The median salary for a vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations grad is $34,080 per year. This is based on the weighted average of the most common careers associated with the major.
Explore Major by State
District of Columbia
Majors Related to Vehicle Marketing Operations
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to vehicle and vehicle parts and accessories marketing operations.
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
- Image Credit: By Qfamily under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School