Special Products Marketing
Types of Degrees Special Products Marketing Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many special products marketing operations graduations there were in 2018-2019 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Special Products Marketing Majors Need to Know
In an O*NET survey, special products marketing operations majors were asked to rate what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important in their occupations. These answers were weighted on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the most important.
Knowledge Areas for Special Products Marketing Operations Majors
This major prepares you for careers in which these knowledge areas are important:
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Skills for Special Products Marketing Operations Majors
When studying special products marketing operations, you’ll learn many skills that will help you be successful in a wide range of jobs - even those that do not require a degree in the field. The following is a list of some of the most common skills needed for careers associated with this major:
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
Abilities for Special Products Marketing Operations Majors
As a special products marketing operations major, you will find yourself needing the following abilities:
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
What Can You Do With a Special Products Marketing Major?
Below is a list of occupations associated with special products marketing operations:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
|First-Line Supervisors of Non-Retail Sales Workers||4.9%||$73,390|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||3.8%||$39,630|
|Sales and Related Workers||10.6%||$33,220|
|Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Except Technical and Scientific Products||5.2%||$58,510|
Who Is Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in Special Products Marketing?
At the countrywide level, the racial-ethnic distribution of special products marketing operations majors is as follows:
|Race/Ethnicity||Number of Grads|
|Black or African American||2|
|Hispanic or Latino||14|
Americans aren’t the only ones with an interest in Special Products Marketing Operations. About 4.4% of those with this major are international students.
How Much Do Special Products Marketing Majors Make?
Salaries According to BLS
Special Products Marketing Operations majors often go into careers where salaries can range from $40,480 to $69,480 (25th to 75th percentile). This range includes all degree levels, so you may expect those with a more advanced degree to make more while those with less advanced degrees will typically make less.
To put that into context, according to BLS data from the first quarter of 2020, the typical high school graduate makes between $30,000 and $57,900 a year (25th through 75th percentile). The average person with a bachelor’s degree (any field) makes between $45,600 and $99,000. Advanced degree holders make the most with salaries between $55,600 and $125,400.
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Special Products Marketing
Some degrees associated with special products marketing operations may require an advanced degree, while others may not even require a bachelor’s in the field. Whatever the case may be, pursuing more education usually means that more career options will be available to you.
How much schooling do you really need to compete in today’s job market? People currently working in careers related to special products marketing operations have obtained the following education levels.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|Less than a High School Diploma||4.4%|
|High School Diploma - or the equivalent (for example, GED)||31.5%|
|Post-Secondary Certificate - awarded for training completed after high school (for example, in agriculture or natural resources, computer services, personal or culinary services, engineering technologies, healthcare, construction trades, mechanic and repair technologies, or precision production)||3.0%|
|Some College Courses||7.5%|
|Associate’s Degree (or other 2-year degree)||13.9%|
Online Special Products Marketing Programs
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 14 schools offered some type of special products marketing operations program. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||4||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||4||0|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Is a Degree in Special Products Marketing Worth It?
The median salary for a special products marketing operations grad is $45,080 per year. This is based on the weighted average of the most common careers associated with the major.
This is 13% more than the average salary for an individual holding a high school degree. This adds up to a gain of about $103,600 after 20 years!
Explore Major by State
District of Columbia
Majors Related to Special Products Marketing
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to special products marketing operations.
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
- Image Credit: By Qfamily under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School