Types of Degrees Other Marketing Majors Are Getting
The following table lists how many other marketing graduations there were in 2020-2021 for each degree level.
|Education Level||Number of Grads|
What Other Marketing Majors Need to Know
In an O*NET survey, other marketing majors were asked to rate what knowledge areas, skills, and abilities were important in their occupations. These answers were weighted on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the most important.
Knowledge Areas for Other Marketing Majors
According to O*NET survey takers, a major in other marketing should prepare you for careers in which you will need to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
Skills for Other Marketing Majors
other marketing majors are found most commonly in careers in which the following skills are important:
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Abilities for Other Marketing Majors
As a other marketing major, you will find yourself needing the following abilities:
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
What Can You Do With a Other Marketing Major?
Below is a list of occupations associated with other marketing:
|Job Title||Job Growth Rate||Median Salary|
Who Is Getting a Bachelor’s Degree in Other Marketing?
At the countrywide level, the racial-ethnic distribution of other marketing majors is as follows:
|Race/Ethnicity||Number of Grads|
|Black or African American||123|
|Hispanic or Latino||77|
Other Marketing appeals to people across the globe. About 2.2% of those with this major are international students.
How Much Do Other Marketing Majors Make?
Salaries According to BLS
Other Marketing majors often go into careers with median salaries of $147,240. This median refers to all degree levels, so the salary for a person with just a bachelor’s degree may be a little less and the one for a person with an advanced degree may be a little more.
To put that into context, according to BLS data from the first quarter of 2020, the typical high school graduate makes between $30,000 and $57,900 a year (25th through 75th percentile). The average person with a bachelor’s degree (any field) makes between $45,600 and $99,000. Advanced degree holders make the most with salaries between $55,600 and $125,400.
Amount of Education Required for Careers Related to Other Marketing
Some careers associated with other marketing require an advanced degree while some may not even require a bachelor’s. Whatever the case may be, pursuing more education usually means that more career options will be available to you.
How much schooling do you really need to compete in today’s job market? People currently working in careers related to other marketing have obtained the following education levels.
|Education Level||Percentage of Workers|
|High School Diploma - or the equivalent (for example, GED)||3.6%|
|Some College Courses||2.8%|
|Associate’s Degree (or other 2-year degree)||3.0%|
|First Professional Degree - awarded for completion of a program that: requires at least 2 years of college work before entrance into the program, includes a total of at least 6 academic years of work to complete, and provides all remaining academic requirements to begin practice in a profession.||10.6%|
Online Other Marketing Programs
In 2020-2021, 119 schools offered a other marketing program of some type. The following table lists the number of programs by degree level, along with how many schools offered online courses in the field.
|Degree Level||Colleges Offering Programs||Colleges Offering Online Classes|
|Certificate (Less Than 1 Year)||0||0|
|Certificate (1-2 years)||8||1|
|Certificate (2-4 Years)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Research)||1||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Professional Practice)||0||0|
|Doctor’s Degree (Other)||0||0|
Is a Degree in Other Marketing Worth It?
The median salary for a other marketing grad is $147,240 per year. This is based on the weighted average of the most common careers associated with the major.
This is 269% more than the average salary for an individual holding a high school degree. This adds up to a gain of about $2,146,800 after 20 years!
Explore Major by State
District of Columbia
Majors Related to Other Marketing
You may also be interested in one of the following majors related to other marketing.
|Major||Number of Grads|
|Marketing/Marketing Management, General||50,275|
*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.
- College Factual
- College Scorecard
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers First Quarter 2020
- Image Credit: By Nick Youngson under License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School