Life As a Biofuels Production Manager
Occupation Description Manage biofuels production and plant operations. Collect and process information on plant production and performance, diagnose problems, and design corrective procedures.
Biofuels Production Manager Responsibilities
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of biofuels to maintain processes at required levels.
- Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to report or resolve conditions affecting biofuels plant safety, operational efficiency, and product quality.
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable or other potentially dangerous feedstocks or products to ensure adherence to safety guidelines.
- Manage operations at biofuels power generation facilities, including production, shipping, maintenance, or quality assurance activities.
- Review logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels or to identify abnormalities with biofuels production equipment or processes.
- Monitor meters, flow gauges, or other real-time data to ensure proper operation of biofuels production equipment, implementing corrective measures as needed.
Qualities of a Biofuels Production Manager
Below is a list of the skills most Biofuels Production Managers say are important on the job.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Types of Biofuels Production Manager
- Biofuels Operations Manager
- Biofuels Plant Manager
- Plant Operations Vice President
- Biodiesel Plant Manager
- Energy Operations Vice President
Biofuels Production Manager Employment Estimates
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Biofuels Production Manager. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Biofuels Production Manager. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Biofuels Production Manager per year.
The states with the most job growth for Biofuels Production Manager are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Biofuels Production Managers Salary
The typical yearly salary for Biofuels Production Managers is somewhere between $63,470 and $172,150.
Biofuels Production Managers who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Biofuels Production Managers make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools do Biofuels Production Managers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Biofuels Production Managers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Inventory control software
- Distributed control system DCS
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Employee scheduling software
How do I Become a Biofuels Production Manager?
What education is needed to be a Biofuels Production Manager?
What work experience do I need to become a Biofuels Production Manager?
Where do Biofuels Production Managers Work?
The table below shows the approximate number of Biofuels Production Managers employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School