What You Need to Know About Compliance Manager
Compliance Manager Definition Plan, direct, or coordinate activities of an organization to ensure compliance with ethical or regulatory standards.
Daily Life Of a Compliance Manager
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities.
- Evaluate testing procedures to meet the specifications of environmental monitoring programs.
- Direct the development or implementation of compliance-related policies and procedures throughout an organization.
- Discuss emerging compliance issues with management or employees.
- Consult with corporate attorneys as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Report violations of compliance or regulatory standards to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate or required.
What Every Compliance Manager Should Know
Below is a list of the skills most Compliance Managers say are important on the job.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Related Job Titles
- Compliance Review Officer
- Compliance Director
- Health Information Management Privacy and Security Officer
- Audit Manager
- Financial Compliance Officer
Compliance Manager Employment Estimates
There were about 992,100 jobs for Compliance Manager in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 79,600 new jobs for Compliance Manager by 2026. The BLS estimates 79,200 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Compliance Manager are Utah, Washington, and Nevada. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, Maine, or Maryland. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Compliance Manager Average Salary
The typical yearly salary for Compliance Managers is somewhere between $52,550 and $183,430.
Compliance Managers who work in District of Columbia, Virginia, or California, make the highest salaries.
How much do Compliance Managers make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$147,460|
Tools & Technologies Used by Compliance Managers
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Compliance Managers:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Word processing software
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Project
- Spreadsheet software
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- IBM Notes
- Scheduling software
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- StataCorp Stata
How to Become a Compliance Manager
What kind of Compliance Manager requirements are there?
How Long Does it Take to Become a Compliance Manager?
Where Compliance Managers Are Employed
Below are examples of industries where Compliance Managers work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.