Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

International & Intercultural Communication at American University

Find Schools Near

International & Intercultural Communication at American University

Every international and intercultural communication school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the international and intercultural communication program at American University stacks up to those at other schools.

The American University is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 14,318 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in International & Intercultural Communication section at the bottom of this page.

The American University International & Intercultural Communication Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in International and Intercultural Communication

The American University International & Intercultural Communication Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

International and Intercultural Communication Student Demographics at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the international and intercultural communication majors at American University.

The American University International & Intercultural Communication Master’s Program

71% Women
29% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 7 students earned a master's degree in international and intercultural communication from The American University. About 71% of these graduates were women and the other 29% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 27% men graduate in international and intercultural communication each year. The American University does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 2% more men than average.

The American University Gender Breakdown of International & Intercultural Communication Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a master's in international and intercultural communication.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of International & Intercultural Communication Majors at American University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 3
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That International and Intercultural Communication Grads May Go Into

A degree in international and intercultural communication can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for American University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Public Relations Specialists 17,310 $107,490
Reporters and Correspondents 1,610 $100,550
Communications Professors 290 $92,970

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.

Visit School

Find Business Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited business colleges across the U.S.