What Does it Take to Be a Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator?
Position Description Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
List of Methane Gas Collection System Operator Job Duties
- Supervise landfill, well field, and other subordinate employees.
- Operate computerized control panels to manage gas compression operations.
- Monitor and control liquid or gas landfill extraction systems.
- Optimize gas collection landfill operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Monitor gas collection systems emissions data, including biomethane or nitrous oxide levels.
- Read meters, gauges, or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify gas collection systems operating conditions.
Types of Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Methane Gas Collection System Operator
- Collection Systems Modeler
- Gas Operations Analyst
- Collection Systems Foreman
- Collection Systems Worker
Are There Job Opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators?
There were about 170,600 jobs for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator in 2016 (in the United States). There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Methane Gas Collection System Operator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Methane Gas Collection System Operator
The average yearly salary of a Methane Gas Collection System Operator ranges between $63,470 and $172,150.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Are Employed
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School