All About Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
Job Description & Duties Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Responsibilities
- Diagnose or troubleshoot gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Recommend or implement practices to reduce turnaround time for trucks in and out of landfill site.
- Maintain records for landfill gas collection systems to demonstrate compliance with safety and environmental laws, regulations, or policies.
- Monitor gas collection systems emissions data, including biomethane or nitrous oxide levels.
- Develop or enforce procedures for normal operation, start-up, or shut-down of methane gas collection systems.
- Monitor landfill permit requirements for updates.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Collection Systems Consultant
- Collection Systems Modeler
- Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Gas Operation Manager
- Methane/Landfill Gas Collecting System Operator
Is There Job Demand for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Methane Gas Collection System Operator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
How Much Does a Methane Gas Collection System Operator Make?
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make between $63,470 and $172,150 a year.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Work?
Below are examples of industries where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School