What Do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator Do?
Job Description: Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
List of Methane Gas Collection System Operator Job Duties
- Prepare and manage landfill gas collection system budgets.
- Read meters, gauges, or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify gas collection systems operating conditions.
- Implement landfill operational and emergency procedures.
- Optimize gas collection landfill operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor landfill permit requirements for updates.
Other Methane Gas Collection System Operator Job Titles
- Gas Operations Superintendent
- Collection Systems Worker
- Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Distribution Collection Operator
- Landfill Gas Collection Operator
Is There Job Demand for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 11,600 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Salary
The average yearly salary of a Methane Gas Collection System Operator ranges between $63,470 and $172,150.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Are Employed
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.Visit School