Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Finance at American University

Find Schools Near

Finance at American University

Every finance school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the finance program at American University stacks up to those at other schools.

The American University is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 14,318 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 50 finance majors received their bachelor's degree from The American University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Finance section at the bottom of this page.

The American University Finance Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Finance
  • Master’s Degree in Finance

The American University Finance Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the finance progam at The American University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The finance major at The American University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Finance. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Finance Master’s Degree Schools 50
Best Finance Schools 121
Most Popular Finance Schools 155
Most Popular Finance Bachelor’s Degree Schools 228
Most Focused Finance Bachelor’s Degree Schools 478

In 2019, 51 students received their master’s degree in finance from The American University. This makes it the #26 most popular school for finance master’s degree candidates in the country.

Finance Student Demographics at The American University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the finance majors at American University.

The American University Finance Bachelor’s Program

32% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The finance program at The American University awarded 50 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 68% of these degrees went to men with the other 32% going to women. The typical finance bachelor's degree program is made up of only 30% women. So female students are more repesented at The American University since its program graduates 2% more women than average.

The American University Gender Breakdown of Finance Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a bachelor's in finance.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Finance Majors at American University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 23
International Students 16
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

The American University Finance Master’s Program

45% Women
10% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 51 students earned a master's degree in finance from The American University. About 45% of these graduates were women and the other 55% were men.

The American University Gender Breakdown of Finance Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from American University with a master's in finance.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Finance Majors at American University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 11
International Students 34
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

The American University also has a doctoral program available in finance. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Finance Grads May Go Into

A degree in finance can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for American University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
General and Operations Managers 25,930 $150,970
Financial Managers 6,900 $166,710
Financial Analysts 3,850 $102,510
Financial Specialists 3,070 $107,760
Chief Executives 1,880 $247,500

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs.

Visit School

Find Business Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited business colleges across the U.S.